Giuseppe Pagano & Gino Levi-Montalcini
Pair of Chairs by Pagano and Levi-Montalcini
Year of Realization
26 x 20 x 18
Pair of Chairs: A striking pair of chairs by Giuseppe Pagano and Gino Levi Montalcini, 1929. Spruce structure covered with thin layer of plywood and a layer of boxwood veneer; these roll with wheels on ball metal casters.
These, along with other pieces of furniture, were created for the Palazzo Gualino, considered to be one of the most important examples of rationalist architecture in Italy. The architects Pagano (1896-1945) and Montalcini (1902-1974) not only designed the building, but the furniture for the interior office spaces as well.